Exclusive to SDA Smart Homes, Ariel Care is developing world first artificial intelligence (AI) solution that will help save lives in the disability sector. Partnering with the brightest minds from University of Queensland, Queensland University of Technology, and industry leading Aerospace engineers. Don’t settle for analogue SDA that will become obsolete.
24 December 2022
Report by Lexi Hamilton-Smith
Can AI help people living with chronic illness? Two Queensland universities have teamed up with a tech start-up to see how “care bots” can improve the lives of people who need high-level care.
The Courier Mail
12 Nov 2022
Des Houghton // Saturday Insight
An Ipswich man will be the first person in Australia to trial a new hi-tech solution for the disabled, as many languish with high care needs. Read more …
Not a subscriber? View here …
28 August 2022
Ariel Care Co-Director, Dave Beard, offers his thoughts on the latest developments in Healthcare AI, improving quality of life for people with disabilities and chronic illness.
Ariel Care on Social Media
Latest Blog Posts
- Australians living with disability enter aged care as last resortThree disability advocacy groups — Synapse, Youngcare and the Summer Foundation — have penned a letter to National Disability Insurance Minister Bill Shorten, Aged Care Minister Anika Wells and Social Services Minister Amanda Rishworth, to address growing concerns of young Australians living with disability being placed into aged care. The three groups touch upon a growing concern of special disability accommodation (SDA). Emma Hocking, Chief Executive Officer of SDA Smart Homes says that the proposed crackdown will be welcomed, but funding cuts would be a disaster given the current rental and housing markets. “For many people who qualify for SDA accommodation, they have nowhere else to go other than public… Read More
- NDIS Crackdown WelcomedOne of Australia’s largest special disability accommodation (SDA) housing providers says a proposed crackdown on NDIS rorting is welcomed, but any funding cuts to disability accommodation would be disastrous. SDA Smart Homes welcomes news of a proposed task force cracking down on systemic issues within the National Disability Insurance Scheme of alleged rorting, including overcharging or creating false participants. But they warn that funding cuts in the Federal Budget to disability accommodation in the current housing market would be a disaster, especially in states such as Victoria suffering from shortages. The NDIS forecasts that demand for Special Disability Accommodation (SDA) will increase by over 60% over the next seven years. … Read More
- Technology easing the burden for people who have high care needs.Des Houghton // Saturday Insight – 12 November 2022 Karen Caddis was on top of the world preparing for her wedding to handsome Redbank Plains bus driver Russell Conyard when disaster struck. “He proposed to me, and I said yes. Not long after, things changed forever,” she said. Mr Conyard, 62, suffered a devastating stroke. “He was so glad it happened when he wasn’t driving the bus.” Canadian-born Mr Conyard had begun the long road to recovery when disaster struck again. In 2020 he suffered a second stroke that cut him down so mercilessly he can no longer feed himself, dress or bathe himself and cannot go to the toilet… Read More
- Ariel Care in the news.Dave Beard, Managing Director of SDA Smart Homes, spoke to Channel 7 about Ariel Care’s ground breaking assistive technology, exclusive to SDA Smart Homes. Ariel Care is a joint venture between SDA Smart Homes and V-tol aerospace. Watch the video …
- NDIS Land ComplianceAre you considering building an SDA dwelling on your own land? Did you know that not just the dwelling, but also the land, must meet strict NDIS compliance? Please contact us for a FREE, no obligation appraisal of your land. Our Land Acquisitions manager can help determine whether your land is NDIS compliant and suitable for an SDA dwelling. Following are some general guidelines for land requirements: The NDIS SDA Design Standards are intended to improve the lives of participants by assisting them to live in their own home that meets their individual needs and is situated in communities that facilitate social connections and a sense of belonging. It is… Read More